The wait it over! Today is Shrove Tuesday which marks one of the greatest food days of all… Pancake Day! In honour of the delicious and versatile pancake we have brought you the top 5 facts on Pancake Day along with a delicious ultimate pancake recipe that you can whip up to celebrate, courtesy of our very own chef consultant.
Our Pancake Recipe courtesy of our Chef Consultant, Adam Lawson;
Ultimate American Style Blueberry Pancakes
40g Butter, Melted
200ml Cold Milk
200g Plain Flour
15g Light brown Sugar
6g Fleur de Sel (salt)
5g Baking Powder
35g Chopped Blueberries
1. Mix the Flour, Salt and Baking Powder together in a bowl
2. Warm the Butter and Sugar in a small pan until the sugar melts into the butter, adding milk to combine. No more than 25ml of milk should be added at this point
3. Add the butter mix to the rest of the cold milk and whisk in the eggs.
4. Whisk both mixtures together and fold in chopped blueberries.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before using
6. Cook in a 4” pan on a medium heat in clarified butter. The butter and pan must be hot before adding the mixture.
7. Once the pancake mixture is moving freely in the pan when shook and holding its shape, Flip the pancake to cook the other side
8. Plate up and dust Icing sugar over the top to garnish. Serve hot.