People Development Manager/Multi site Manager - Quality Food Led Pub & Bar Company
50/50 Split of Operations/Learning & Development
Location: Yorkshire/North West/Isle of Man
***35 HOURS A WEEK***
SALARY: Up to around £36,000 plus bonus and benefits including company car; mobile phone; pension & private healthcare
Well respected food pub and quirky bar company are looking for an experienced People Development Manager/Area Manager from a forward thinking quality pub/restaurant or bar company within the Yorkshire/North West Area to translate business goals & people development requirements throughout the portfolio of operations. The role is operationally based alongside learning and development/training and has a 50/50 split between the two with a firm belief that the successful candidate will only be effective on the L & D /HR side, if they have good strong operational knowledge.
The role would suit candidates within strong branded food pub or bar or restaurant company, ideally with experience of running multi-sites as a manager if alongside experience/qualifications on the L & D side.
We may also consider candidates with the same experience on the retail side looking to use this within the hospitality industry.
* Proven track record of working as a successful Operational Manager running multi-sites with a branded pub or bar or restaurant company with the emphasis on great ale and beers and good quality wholesome food and a focus on the training & development, L & D, people development and strong HR knowledge.
* Experience of managing side from an operational point of view, ideally with at least 5 years experience of managing more than one site/a cluster of sites in an operational role with people development responsibilities
* Inspiring with the ability to nurture your teams to promote development & progression
* The ability to develop, coach and support people development
* Ability to use initiative
* The real drive to succeed and formulate ideas and make changes where necessary
* The ability to develop people management policies & practices, implementing them across the business and managing them consistently
* The desire to get involved and manage new projects
*Organised and good at planning with the ability to identify and build a culture of high performance through leadership, performance management, communication, development & coaching
* Strong solid background - some evidence of longevity in roles
* The desire to work for a solid brand that will allow growth and development
* Based in the Yorkshire or North West area but also with a willingness for regular travel both locally & nationally as well as over to the Isle of Man
* The ability to motivate, influence, train and drive your team - identifying training needs and delivering training & development plans in order to deliver on brand/operational standards
* The ability to develop strong relationships
* Lead on specific HR projects - planning, job evaluation etc
* The ability to devise training programmes
* Passion for HR , training and personal development of your people
* GREAT COMMUNICATOR
* GREAT PERSONALITY - OPTIMISTIC & WARM WITH A BRIGHT & ENTHUSIASTIC MANNER
* COMMERCIALLY ASTUTE
* THE DESIRE TO WORK FOR AN AMAZING PROGRESSIVE COMPANY
* MCIPD/CMI/L&D qualified or with equivalent business qualification
* Up to date knowledge of training & development , performance management, employment law & HR best practice
* Strong computer presentation skills
Salary and Benefits or Remuneration
The starting salary for this role is up to around £36,000 depending on experience plus numerous benefits including company car, healthcare, pension and bonus and a working week of only 35 hours.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae highlighting both your operational and L & D experience in a Word format.
If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website, www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities or call us on 0161 233 5883