Catering Manager - Education - Middlesborough - £22,500p/a
My client is currently seeking an experienced General Catering Manager for an educational contract in Middlesborough. The role is responsible for all aspects of catering management cross two sites, and is a term time only role.
General Manager Role Purpose:
The role is to lead and manage the main school and sixth form catering units.
• Provide assistance to the Unit Supervisors in managing catering units
• Provide relief for sickness providing full catering, vending and extensive hospitality services
• Carry out disciplinary investigations where necessary
• To promote a positive image and act as an ambassador for the company at all times
• Assist with training and development of employees
• Manage teams (including managing their performance, training and development, absence management and disciplinary if required)
• Manage client demands, ensuring client relationships are developed in a professional manner
• Ensure all food hygiene and health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
• Assist with stock taking and carry out unit audits if required
• Induct & train new staff
• Participate in training and development
• Carry out ad hoc duties as directed by Area Support Manager/ Area Manager
• To recommend operational efficiencies and improvements on an ongoing basis
Qualifications & Experience Needed:
• Individual will need minimum NVQ / City Guilds Level 2 catering qualifications
• Previous contract catering managerial experience is essential
• You will also be IT proficient.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to identify the needs of staff and assist accordingly
• Ability to understand and manage the diverse relationships between clients, staff and other stakeholders
• Ability to promote a welcoming environment to our customers
• Neat and tidy in appearance
• A natural positive person with a ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to assist the rest of the team and the company.
For this role you must be able to drive and have your own transport.
It will be necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check at commencement of employment.
Please apply with an up to date CV in Word format.