Prep Chef Required – 9am-5pm – Monday to Friday
Our client are a National event catering company who have recently undergone a large, multi-million pound expansion. They are now seeking a talented Chef to join their team based in Derby.
The position will suit a chef with a background in quality establishments or from an Event caterers looking for more steady hours.
- To carry out prep to the correct specs and standards
- To ensure that correct labelling is carried out on all items which are stored in the prep area
- To ensure first in first out on all products is used by all staff
- Fridges and freezers inside and out are clean included seals, and stock is correctly stored
- To report anything out of the ordinary to the HC SC.
- The Prep kitchen is left spotless at the end of every shift and that also includes under all counters, and walls.
- When possible to help HC & SC with entering invoices onto the office computer
- Report to HC & SC any problems with products from suppliers
- To work sections as and when requested by the HC SC
- First job of the day is to check all labelling and rotation of all stock.
- To assist in ordering to make sure that items are never out of stock or over ordered.
- Where possible to weigh out and measure all prep items for jobs to be carried out by the rest of the kitchen.
What you will receive in return:
- Day time hours – No weekends
- Opportunity to progress with a national brand
- Vast experience with a large variety of cuisines
- NO WEEKENDS!!
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format. If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities or call Matt Wood on 0113 246 2561.